tylex_polystyrene

Advice please on carpet & curtains

Margian
21 November, 2018

I wrote a long post yesterday but it seems to have got lost :-(

I urgently need to brighten and warm up my sitting room. It is North facing. I have attached one or two photo's of the pale grey suite showing the white papered walls & fireplace which cannot be changed just now. I prefer light colours but the beige carpet is looking very scruffy. My OH isn't so keen on the pink carpet & has suggested a peachy colour which isn't quite as dark as it appears in the photo. My dilemma is what curtains? (preferably ready made for speed) As the current ones are Laura Ashley floral as cushion shown. I'd like to avoid floral if possible.

This carpet sample is dark pink.

This is a bit 'ginger' but paler in RL

Sorry about the furniture slider.

I am open to suggestions for both carpet and or curtains.

Thank you in advance of any replies.

• Tracy Sidaway
    Do you have to use carpet?
    I'd be edging towards a wooden floor with a rug and curtains to bring in colour.
    If you prefer carpet, I'd be looking at something more neutral than your samples.
    Margian thanked Tracy Sidaway
  • Margian

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it. We have lots of wood elsewhere in the house and whilst decoratively it would be a good choice I was looking for a warmer softer 'feel' than wood. I agree the samples are not very neutral but all the neutral carpets we've tried just fade to a dirty beige in the room, I think grey would deaden the look.

Edit Design Studio

Justina here from Edit Design Studio. I agree with Tracy. Wood can be warm as well especially with a large wool rug.

Renovation · More Info

Edit Design Studio

https://www.liniedesign.com/product/0xa12b085f7385de659734757c894769c4/

This one could be really beautiful with your light blue furniture and bring in some warm earthy tones. I am not sure where you are based but you could probably find a local supplier of Linie rugs. We supply them in Ireland