mybespokeroom

Real or Fake? What type of Christmas tree do you have?

My Bespoke Room
21 November, 2018

This has got our office MASSIVELY divided. Some people don't think it's Christmas without a real tree, others love the simplicity, symmetry and affordability of a faux.

Which do you go for in your house?

Real or Fake?

Real all the way!
Faux for the win!

Philip Clay Kitchen Designs LTD

Real all day long. :)

My Bespoke Room thanked Philip Clay Kitchen Designs LTD
    Edit Design Studio

Fake tree doesn't have Christmas smell...

My Bespoke Room thanked Edit Design Studio
    OnePlan
    Ahh - divided in this house - MrOnePlan always insists on a 12ft high tree in the lounge every year ... where as I would be just as happy with a faux one. But I do enjoy the bonkers chaos the comes with picking and collecting the tree. One year, he and our daughters had to climb into the car through the windows, as they’d tied the tree on top of the car and inadvertently tied the doors shut too - I was inside the car in fits of giggles as I could see what would happen next !! I love Christmas !
    My Bespoke Room thanked OnePlan
  • ALee

Fake looks better to me. Don't like the look of real ones.

My Bespoke Room thanked ALee
  • Tim Summers

We have one of each. The real on goes in the sitting room and is carefully decorated, all colour coordinated, and meticulously done by the wife. In the conservatory we have the fake one which is decorated by the kids - so it looks like a tinsel factory has exploded, baubles of all shapes/sizes/colours randomly bunched everywhere, flashing lights, tacky beads/bells. You can only make out a tiny bit of green tree under all the stuff (I absolutely love it, it's got so much character, but I'll still go in there any tidy it up a bit when the kids are in bed as most of it is only 'decorated' up to my waist height, so I do move some of it to the top 1/2 of the tree.

Got to love the smell of a real tree as well

My Bespoke Room thanked Tim Summers
  • Emily
    I think there is merit to both and have had both and sometimes do both in the same year. :)
    My Bespoke Room thanked Emily