hzdeleted_31446484

Before and After - Family Kitchen

User
5 years ago

When our clients decided on their new home, they thankfully saw the potential in a dated but stunning traditional stone-built house.

The existing kitchen was tired, with cabinets and appliances which sorely needed replaced, and a layout which didn’t meet with today’s functional living requirements.

With three young boys there was the definite need to create a large family area where they could cook, eat and relax together. Walls were removed, rehoming a small utility elsewhere and extending the dining room to accommodate a large table and a lounge area at one end, created the open plan living they desired. The layout of the kitchen developed naturally with the shape of the space dictating the arrangement.

We developed a contemporary yet classic colour scheme with hand-painted cabinetry and brass accents. The paint finish was chosen due to the flexibility it offers when a few years down the line the family want to change the colour scheme, or touch up any little knocks caused by the kids!

An Egger melamine carcass was the perfect compliment to the colouring of the new Oak parquet flooring. We settled on a textured effect which has more interest than a standard Oak melamine often used. Real Oak veneer was used within glazed wall cabinets and solid oak drawer boxes finished off the cabinetry interiors perfectly.

During the rip out...

Once the room was ready we quickly made progress…

And Finally...

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.