jeromehogan

Wifi Light Switches that work in the UK with Google/Alexi

jeromehogan
5 years ago

Hi I am struggling to find good wifi light dimmer switches that work in the UK with Google/Alexi on voice command. There seems to be lots of good ones in the US such as Leviton and Lutron Caseta which i know are very good but when i contacted them they said they are only designed for the north american power system.Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments (5)

• Michelle S
    5 years ago
    We just use Philips Hue bulbs. Works fine with Alexa
    jeromehogan thanked Michelle S
  • jeromehogan
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thanks Michelle but i was planning on having a lot of spot lights so wanted to avoid the cost of having them all philips spot lights and just regular dimmer spot lights

• LTS
    5 years ago
    Hi we have the Lightwave system downstairs which are excellent that we can control via Google Home. Upstairs we have Hive lightbulbs.
  • Lucy Goodman
    3 years ago

LTS, Would love to know more about your Lightwave system. We were considering installing this throughout the house so you could set 'scenes' etc and have a kill switch by the front door but since Covid 19 are slightly balking at the cost difference between this system which we reckon is the best of what's out there and a standard set of dimmers for third of the price! The upside is all the lovely mood setting, the downside is that they're not the most attractive switches. Are you happy with Lightwave? Any regrets? Anything gone wrong? Do you think you're using it to its full potential? We're sitting on the fence and have to make a decision one way or the other so would love your feed back.

• LTS
    3 years ago

Hi, yes no regrets at all & all working perfectly. We use the lightwave app when out/on holiday if we want to control the lights so that it appears someone is home. We only have them for the spots though, the pendants are controlled by dimmer switches. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.