mybespokeroom

2019 Interior Design Trend: Fringing - Yay or Nay?

My Bespoke Room
5 years ago

Fringing is a retro look, that's coming back with gusto. The fashion industry has been obsessed with the look throughout 2018, and now it's blending seamlessly into homewares.

Is it a big no-no, or will you be looking to incorporate it into your home?

Is it fringe or cringe from you?

Photo credit: Anthropologie

Fringe all the way!
Cringe! Urgh!

Comments (8)

• Ribena Drinker
    5 years ago

Dust catchers and just asking for trouble from the cats. And don't even get me started on pom pom fringes.

• PRO
    My Bespoke Room
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Haha - I'm sure they could keep the cats entertained for hours!!

• J
    5 years ago
    That light fitting looks great. I'm a yes.
  • PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    5 years ago

I'm not sure if i like it around a light as i think it would show up so much dust but a little bit of fringe i think can look quite nice.

• T Gray
    5 years ago

With 5 furry idiots a fringe on anything would count a half life of nanoseconds in our house. So, no, not something I would consider. Ever.

• PRO
    Fitted Lifestyles
    5 years ago

Works really well as a statement piece. Love this image!

• PRO
    Cottonwood Interiors
    5 years ago

When visiting our customers, we see a lot of fringe home furnishings. I think it will still be trending on 2019 as retro is trending now!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.