anouskatamonydesigns

Before & After- Modern Bathroom- Barnes Period Home

In our last post we looked at the open plan kitchen and dining space we structurally altered and redesigned for our clients in Barnes.

The other problem space they had in their home was their guest bathroom, a small, dark space, that felt cramped by the rarely used bath.

AFTER

Beautiful Barnes- Contemporary Space in a Period Home · More Info

Beautiful Barnes- Contemporary Space in a Period Home · More Info

We made a number of key changes in the bathroom. The biggest alteration was removing the bath and installing a large enclosed rain shower with niches for toiletries.

We repositioned the basin and heated towel rail to accommodate a mirror and wall light, which meant installing a smaller window to allow for a decent sized towel rail. This could seem counter intuitive given the need to brighten the space but with very little natural light filtering through to begin with it made little substantial difference. The new layout made the space much more practical, with warm towels easily within reach when stepping out of the shower and somewhere to check hair/ apply lipstick etc.

Stylistically we kept things very bright and fresh, with a few fun touches, like the striped tiles and marble sink.

BEFORE

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.