mybespokeroom

Window dressing trends for 2019?

My Bespoke Room
5 years ago

We've seen a rise in a number of fashionable window treatments this year and are on the look out for what's going to be big in 2019 - which would be your favourite?

We'd love to see examples of how you're dressing your own windows!

And if you need a little help, don't forget to complete our online brief for some assistance.

https://www.mybespokeroom.com/getting_started/step1

Vivid & bright colours.
Bold patterns & prints.
Ornate layering of blinds, curtains, colours and patterns.
Organic materials in natural shades.
Luxe fabrics.
Silk panels.
Velvet or Grosgrain.

Comments (6)

• Tim Summers
    5 years ago

My wife has decided to use a mixture of blinds and sheer curtains for her dressing room/office and our bedroom. I think that the spare room will very soon be changed to this as well. As you can see from the pictures below you can't actually close the sheers as they're just there to 'look pretty' but the blinds behind are usable. The pictures are a bit dark as they were taken with my phone, but they surprisingly don't stop any of the light, it just makes it slightly harder to look in (these are upstairs, so when a double decker bus comes past its of the same height.

I'll admit that I wasn't instantly taken by them, but between you and me, I actually really like them.

Her office/dressing room - excuse the boxes she'd just taken in a delivery

Our Bedroom (double windows)

Our bedroom (single window)

Closer up of a single window

My Bespoke Room thanked Tim Summers
  • Heidi Cullen
    5 years ago

I live in a basement flat which is very dark on one side as it is below ground level. The other side has a garden and is much lighter. There is no point trying to enhance the light while underground so I have embraced the dark and have long, dark, silk/satin curtains with velvet and sequins at the top in my room. They look very dramatic as the ceiling is 15ft and the window is over 5ft off the ground. Think vampire's lair lol.

My Bespoke Room thanked Heidi Cullen
  • Anthony (Beano)
    5 years ago
    I’ll go for nothing apart from Venetian blinds sadly :-( I’m not a lover of anything apart from that :-(
    My Bespoke Room thanked Anthony (Beano)
  • Ellie
    5 years ago
    I prefer to have windows bare to allow max light in, curtains and blinds can cost a fortune too! I do have heavy lined curtains but only in bedrooms.
    My Bespoke Room thanked Ellie
  • PRO
    Hampstead Design Hub
    5 years ago

Hi there!I like window shutters. They stylish, nice, have options of finishes and practical.

Renovation and Interior Design of Victorian House in West Hampstead · More Info

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.