embzop

Contemporary new kitchen in a small, terraced house

embzop
5 years ago

I decided to share my before and after photos of my new kitchen. I’ve been here 8 years and this was the last item on my ‘to do’ list. I’m abit of a novice with my camera so please forgive the lack of professionalism to some of the photos!

The kitchen is a compact 2.3 metre square in a 1970s terraced house. The old kitchen was dark and much of the cupboard space was difficult to access. There were not enough electric sockets, not a single drawer in the cupboards, had been badly fitted and it generally needed a complete revamp to make it a more welcoming space.

What I wanted from the new kitchen was for it to be a brighter and less dreary space that was more functional so I could enjoy cooking.

What I really love about it now: the calm and bright ambience from the clean lines of the design, the easy to use waist-height oven, electric sockets in the right places and the capacious long drawers.

The details:

Luna cabinets by Masterclass kitchens in the colour mussel; Corian worksurface in colour white jasmine; sink by Blanco, silgranite in colour jasmine. Designed and fitted by Godalming kitchens

Splashback is Pearl night blue (RAL 5026) with gold fleck from Colouredglass.co.uk

P.S. none of the above have paid me anything for posting this, I’ve added the details because I’ve found it useful when viewing other Houzz photos to know what I’m looking at.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their photos and given me inspiration.

The finished kitchen:

New kitchen installation - summer 2018 · More Info

Before:

During -uncovering the horrors of the 70s:

After:

The undermount sink is the same colour as the cabinets although appears white in the photo:

New electric socket enabled the kettle and coffee machine to be relocated:

Waist-height oven is now a must-have:

Love the capacious drawers:

The splashback is actually a deep blue and not black as it appear in the above photos:

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.