tim_summers15

Before or after ? - or Design Dilemma - but anyway - a few pictures.

Tim Summers
5 years ago

Question: What is there to do with a couple of days off plus a lovely sunny weekend ?

Go to the coast, spend the weekend with friends and family, take a drive out to the country, have a picnic, go shopping, go to a show, get drunk and die with a hangover for a day. All good things like that ???

Answer: Paint the blooming hallway (stairs, and upstairs landing) obviously.

The wife was reading something, somewhere, that mentioned this new colour - colour of the year 2019 apparently. So guess what colour I was painting. Yup, you guessed it - Dulux Spiced Honey.

It's a bizarre colour - sometimes it looks definitely brown, then the next it's almost gold, then light brown. After 2 coats it's real lush though. These pictures do not do it justice as they were a quick snap on the phone.

It's a bit out there for us (we're kinda in the neutral/beige/boring camp to be honest - so it was a long-shot to get 5 litres of this (Diamond Matt), no tester or anything and just bang it up on the wall.

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.