hccinteriors

A North facing kitchen transformation

HCC Interiors
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We were brought in by our clients shortly after they completed on their new house in 2017.

The North facing 1980s kitchen was dark and, despite the mass of cupboards, highly impractical, with circulation as well as visibility obstructed by an awkward island/peninsula and large extractor hood with tiled ducting.

HCC Interiors provided planning and aesthetic expertise, architectural changes suggestions as well as detailed lighting and electrical plans in order to allow this spacious kitchen to meet our clients’ needs as well as looking balanced and neat from the informal dining area opposite.

We replaced every component in the kitchen, from lighting to units, flooring, windows and wall finishes, with the exception of the existing Aga which the client were keen to retain. We worked the plans around its existing position, and created a scheme that would fit effortlessly around the deep navy colour.

Further to the kitchen units and finishes redesign, we suggested to replace the existing windows by a unified centred full width bank of windows on the North facing wall. This brought in much more light, making a world of difference.

The units were manufactured and installed by DeVOL.

After photo

Gable House Kitchen · More Info

Before photo

After photo

After photo

Before photo

After photo

After photo

After photo

After photo

Before photo

Hope you enjoy looking through the photos!

Apologies for the before photos being so dark, our initial visit was on a particularly dreary day!

More photos can be found here.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.