juliernorris

Front drive/parking advice

Julie Norris
5 years ago

Hi,

i am looking for some advice on what to do out the front of our house. It’s all a bit of a mess as we had to remove a crumbling stone wall, that was holding the front garden up (so we made the garden smaller to get more parking area, and dig up the drive to replace a collapsed soil pipe

we plan to put a brick pillar on the opposite side to the wall at the end of the drive and a 4ft fence up the boundary.

we also have a god awful patio directly out front of the house which needs taking up as there are roots that need removing under it, plus it’s nasty!

Tarmac quote for the drive and ttuning area is £7k it’s 300sq/m roughly

what are your thoughts on tarmac If done properly?? We thought about gravel in the turning area, but that only saves us about £600 and I have a feeling gravel might be cost neutral. We thought about gravel where the ‘patio‘ currently is.

help!

Comments (29)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.