seaecho

Can a brushed nickle light fixture be in a room with polished chrome

Pam and Arthur
5 years ago

Im buying a light to go over a 60 in single sink base vanity and mirror. The one I like is brushed nickel LED with a frosted glass tube. All my sink/shower and base hardware are in Polished chrome. I can't remember what my door handles are.

Will the mixed metals look bad? Should I stick with polished chrome everywhere?

Thank you.

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 years ago

IMO brushed and chrome are a nice combo and work well together

• PRO
    Lars/J. Robert Scott
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I don't like like polished chrome and brushed nickel together, but then I do not like polished chrome. However, for a light fixture, I think it is okay. You should check your door handles - mine don't match anything, and I'm anxious to change them but just haven't gotten around to it. My hardware is all brushed nickel except for the door knob, which is brass, which I really do not like, but I don't spend much time looking at it. However, if it were chrome, I would have already changed it. I don't like the cold color of chrome.

• PRO
    Debra O Design
    5 years ago

YES

• cpartist
    5 years ago

Absolutely

• kudzu9
    5 years ago

I have chrome and brushed nickel in my bathroom and it was an intentional choice that I never worried about and am still fine with. It's not like your two finishes are in close proximity. and, besides, one is plumbing and the other is a lamp.

You like it, so get it. The mix will be fine.

• Anne Duke
    5 years ago
    I did exactly that. I like the look and dust doesn’t show so quickly on the light fixtures.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.