d_conde

getting rid of damp smell

Deb P
5 years ago
Hi. i have some pine furniture that smell of damp. I can't see it but it indefinitely musty. is there anyway of saving it does anyone know? thanks in anticipation

Comments (5)

• Ribena Drinker
    5 years ago

Is there any upholstery?

If not and you think it may just be because the wood is or has been allowed to get damp, I would think the best thing is just to grin and bear it and wait for it to disappear as the wood dries out again.

Other than that, I don't know what else I would do.

• Deb P
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    It's all wood. I've cleaned it on the inside with flowery disinfectant. might give it a few more goes. thanks
  • Sonia
    5 years ago
    Ventilation may help. Is the furniture in a garage or somewhere similar? You can’t beat fresh air for getting rid of smells. I would put the furniture outside to air if it’s a dry day.
  • rachelmidlands
    5 years ago
    Recently painted some drawers that were riddled with mould and a most definite musty smell. Needed cleaning before painting so I used a sterilising powder that you mix with warm water which I got from the local home brew shop. A few wipes with cloth and mould was gone in an instant. Left to dry outside and no musty smell at all. VWP i think it’s called, I use it for loads of other stuff too:)
  • Deb P
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you both of you. will do both
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.