webuser_111322179

Quartz worktop draining mat

Victoria
5 years ago

Our new quartz worktop is great, but the drainage grooves arent very effective as they don't drain very efficiently and water tends to pool on the worktop. I also worry about placing glasses onto the surface for fear of chipping. i would like to find a product that doesn't spoil the look of my worktop and solves these issues. Thanks

Comments (5)

• J
    5 years ago
    How about a dish drainer mat.
  • Jonathan
    5 years ago
    A dishwasher?
  • E D
    5 years ago

Haha, a dishwasher. :)

Without being too sexist I hope, I'm a man myself after all, but that is possibly a male type of answer.

We have a dishwasher (not even in our main home though) but there are for ever small things that need to be cleaned, vegetables to be washed etc, so there's always some kind of drainage needed, washing machine present or not.

We use a draining rack with a hard plastic tray underneath. Maybe not the height of fashion (although ours is a firey red... :-) ) but it does the job.

• tamp75
    5 years ago
    Joseph Joseph do a range of different draining options which would work on your work top. They have lots on Amazon.
  • User
    5 years ago

This innovative sink draining mat has been designed for use with solid stone worktops such as quartz and granite work. It captures the water and effectively channels it back into the sink.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FK5BPV4

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.