webuser_575174

Howdens clerkenwell

giulia tomassini
5 years ago

Hi All, I am thinking if buying a howdens kitchen clerkenwell range (design attached) anyone has it and what do you think of it? Any image would be really appeciate it, looks very good in the brochure but I‘d like to see how it looks like in real life.

Mine is matt white

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    5 years ago
    You might want to ask for some drawers to be added into the layout ? Be sure to only use an induction hob with this design .

Sorry that I don’t have a photo of a finished Howden’s project - although I know that lots of the clients we have designed Kitchens with,have shopped around at Howden’s using their OnePlan Designs - so some of the finished photos on our pro page might be Howden’s products ?
  • Danielle H
    5 years ago

I have just bought a Howdens Clerkenwell in super matte white with the new super matte graphite for the island. It is due to be fitted in the next couple of weeks. If you haven't made your mind up by then I will be happy to post some photos for you.

On a side note they have a nice design detail on the corner posts, the J-groove handle on the doors has been used on the top of the corner post so you get an uninterrupted line all the way around.

• Danielle H
    5 years ago

Oh and if you like the seamless look I'd advise going for a 70/30 fridge freezer instead of 50/50 so the handle doesn't jump up in the middle. If you need the larger freezer space of a 50/50 ask them to supply appliance housing units instead of larder cupboards so the handles on those two units matches.

• PRO
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    5 years ago
    I agree with the above comments, regarding drawers and the fridge freezer, I am interested in knowing what your howdens branch supply for fitting the floating shelves, I have recently had a design done and has included on it floating shelves but they cannot supply anything to fit them. I know I can get brackets else where I just wondered if your branch was the same.
  • E D
    5 years ago

Your kitchen looks really nice in the photos Lisa.

Howdens (and others) must have quite a profit margin to agree to 85% off!

Are the bricks in your pillars real?

• Lisa HE
    5 years ago
    Don’t get me started on the horror of kitchen list pricing. Ludicrous. Would much prefer transparency. Yes, 85% off is madness. And they wanted 3x price of John Lewis for some appliances. Re the bricks, no, they aren’t real, but an amazingly talented decorator means they fool most people even in the room.
  • Jackie Forsythe
    2 years ago

Hi all,

how has your Clerkenwell kitchens held up over time?

Thank you!

• Danielle H
    2 years ago

Hi Jackie,

Mine looks just as good as it did when it was first installed. No issues at all.

• HU-64256622846
    last year

Hi Danielle, quick question for you. How do you find the handles with the dishwasher and fridge? Are they easy enough to open?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.