christy_crawford31

Range/Vent Hood for Low Ceiling

Christy
6 years ago

I'm updating my small, narrow condo kitchen. I'm going with open shelves instead of uppers and am trying to find a vent hood that will work in my space. There is a soffit running around the perimeter of my entire place that contains all of the heating duct and will not be removed. As a result, the effective ceiling height above my range is 83.75". Everything I'm finding indicates a minimum ceiling height of 8 feet. There is no option to vent externally, so it needs to be ductless.

Does anyone know of a good option for very short ceiling heights? I emailed one of the companies that sells a lot of vents on Houzz to see if they have models that will work, but never got a reply. I'm surprised how difficult this has been. In fact, throughout this whole process it's been the seemingly easy things that have been the most difficult!

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Victory Range Hoods
    5 years ago

If you are trying to find a wall mounted hood with a chimney cover you will have to find a company that is able to cut the chimney covers for you. We offer this service but so do other companies, or you can buy a hood you want and then get it cut at a local metal shop.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.