more_interiors

Boiler in a bedroom

MORE Interiors
5 years ago

Hi guys!

I have to redesign and rebuild basically from scratch kid's bedroom that have a boiler in a corner next to a window :/ (in UK it happens sometimes). I'm looking for interesting ideas how to build it up somehow make it of course still accessible and safe for kids to be around. (check the picture ;) ) I'm getting rid of the old fitted wardrobe at the moment.

Comments (6)

• A B
    5 years ago

Why are you getting rid of the fitted wardrobe?

• PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    5 years ago

Jen p

They needed to take out the old 1960? built cupboards, look how old the walls look ,they probably had 1960 wood chipped wall paper behind it?, the frame work looks golden and old , it need to be updated , and look how BIG the room is looking

i agree with rachel , carbon monoxide would be required if the boiler stays

i feel a good idea to hide the boiler,

include it into the build off the cupboards with it own matching door , i would also have it own fresh air supplies top and bottom off the boiler on the external wall , to have air circulation for the boiler, (please ask your plumber for more information regards air circulation and carbon monxide)

i would recommend, for the boiler to be moved, simply for health and safety reasons if able to!

MORE Interiors thanked ARC Bespoke Interiors
  • PRO
    Tim Wood Limited
    5 years ago

I would if possible move the boiler.

If not possible, I agree with Rachel and Jen make sure it is as safe as possible and fit a good carbon monoxide alarm. I would also talk to your/a good Corgi registered plumber or preferably someone with knowledge about your make of boiler and model plus the manufactures about. a) What options they can suggest in such a situation. b) As long as you have good airflow around the boiler (as set out by the manufacturer) Could you lag the cupboard to reduce the noise in the room? also, remember the covers need to easily come off for servicing.

MORE Interiors thanked Tim Wood Limited
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Whilst talking to the plumber, i'd also get the pipes near the boiler moved closer to it, they take up unnecessary room and if you need to build a new cupboard, best it be as small as possible.

MORE Interiors thanked User
  • PRO
    LOLA PARIS fábrica decoración mural en tejido 3D
    5 years ago

What did you decide?Is it possible to see the results?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.