beckymaria

Bungalow redesign advice needed

beckymaria
5 years ago

Hi,

We are looking to make an offer on a 4 bed detached bungalow with 1/2 acre of land but if we were to purchase the property we would be looking to change the layout and build a diner/family room extension on the back. The current floorplan is below:

The main issues that we have with the current floorplan are:

1. Bedroom 4 has no window and is making the hallway very narrow

2. We would like the kitchen to be at the back of the property and to be extended to make a kitchen/diner/family room

3. There is currently no family bathroom, however there is a smaller shower room and toilet

4. The bedroom at the back is where we would like the kitchen to be

5. There is a conservatory at the front of the house which we would be looking to convert to a brick extension at some point in the future as an extension on the living room (we are happy with the private living room being away from the rest of the family space)

Ideally we would want to do as little wall knocking down as possible by swapping the use of some rooms and we are open to moving the front/back door.

Ideas so far are:

1. changing kitchen to a master bedroom

2. changing utility to a bedroom

3. changing master bedroom and ensuite to kitchen/utility area and extending out

Just struggling to find a place for family bathroom

Any advice and other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.