braindown

To clad or not to clad... (or maybe render?)

braindown
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi, over the past couple of years we've been transforming our 1960's detached house. This has involved a complete remodel of the inside, including building two extensions - one at the back, one at the front. See before and after pics below (Bear in mind its still very much WIP)

We're now stuck in a quandary about what to do with the bradstone part of the house that's left. We had an idea to clad it in wood, but we've had a couple of tradesman around, one seemed to suggest it'll be no problem, whereas one suggested it would be very difficult (therefore expensive) due to the bradstone.

So, we then started thinking about maybe rendering it, but some have suggested that render won't stick to bradstone?!!?

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly received on what we could possibly do, because we are now stuck for inspiration! (other than sticking with the bradstone - that's not an option! :-)