handev

New kitchen idea - is it a bit odd?

Hannah D
Hi. I've asked for advice before on rearranging our downstairs layout but still haven't settled on a plan. I'd like your opinion on an idea my mother came up with last night please.

We love the current open plan nature of the kitchen/dining/family area but the kitchen doesn't have enough storage or workspace and just doesn't feel like a kitchen!

We've considered loads of options but they all have issues. Mam's suggestion is making the dining area and kitchen all kitchen by having a big island where the dining table currently is, having all storage and units in the current kitchen area, using either the family area as dining room and the office as a snug, or family room as it is and office as dining.

I'm having trouble seeing the dining area and kitchen as one space. Do you think it would look disjointed? Sorry for the long post ☺️