handev

Redesign layout help!

Mags D
6 years ago
Hi. I’m really hoping for some ideas and opinions here. The house is an Edwardian semi and we’re adding a bedroom on the back. At the same time we want to change the kitchen/living layout downstairs to maximise the space. At the moment the kitchen/dining/living space works well but the kitchen is a thoroughfare and there’s not enough workspace. We also need an office, utility and toilet. We’ve thought about moving those and knocking the whole thing through but have come to the conclusion they need to be in that area, albeit knocked around a bit. Our current thinking is to move the kitchen to the lightest part - where the dining table is now, and have the dining area where the kitchen is currently. I’ve attached photos and a floor plan. I was thinking we could have an island under the sun lantern and units along the window area (raising and changing the windows) but I’m not convinced we’ll have enough space for fridge/freezer etc. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post. I’ve been going round in circles for months over this!! Any help is much appreciated xxx

Comments (23)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.