ADVICE
Houzz Logo Print
bulthaupmayfair

bulthaup is celebrating 30 years on Wigmore Street

bulthaup Mayfair
4 years ago

When bulthaup opened its first London flagship showroom in 1988 it chose a striking corner site, formerly part of Debenham & Freebody department store, on Wigmore Street and thirty years later it remains one of the most successful showrooms across the brand’s global network. Alex Wrighton, who remains MD of the Central London showrooms today, was originally attracted to the grade 2 listed site both because of its central location and the classical beauty of the building’s façade and it’s proved to be a perfect showcase for the brand ever since.

At the time no retail kitchen furniture showroom had used the manufacturer’s brand name above the shop front but Alex Wrighton felt that it was important to embrace the brands corporate identity inside & out to give a clear message as to its philosophy and cultural heritage.

Back then the bulthaup showroom stood among the many pharmacies & medical supplies outlets servicing the local Harley Street clients but gradually over the years more and more kitchen furniture and appliance stores have opened around it making Wigmore Street the kitchen showroom destination that it is today.

To celebrate it’s thirty year anniversary on the street, bulthaup is giving its showroom an exciting facelift with a complete internal refurbishment which will commence on Friday 15th December with a planned reopening at the beginning of March 2018.

The new showroom designed in-house by the German head office & UK teams will showcase bulthaup’s four furniture systems including the very latest, b Solitaire which includes a range of tables, benches and freestanding storage elements which can be placed throughout the living area. Over the past thirty years Bulthaup have been leading the industry in developing their products to provide elegant, functional solutions acknowledging the kitchen living area’s central place in the contemporary home - b Solitaire is another exciting step forward in this development.

For more info: Carolyn Arnold carnold@bulthaup.co.uk Tel: 0207 822 2802

www.bulthaup-mayfair.co.uk

Comment (1)

• HU-105826472
    last month

30 years on Wigmore Street is quite something to celebrate but perhaps a little focus on delivering for your clients would be better use of your time and energy. We’re entering the 9th month of your team trying to get a colour match on the cupboard doors and you won’t respond to your retailers and have used freight, covid and supply chain reasons on each attempt to correct. Time to move on as I guess the cash has been paid so why bother putting the effort in to delivering to your commitments. #kitchenarchitecture #bulthaup

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.