conalmyles

Please Help - dreary concrete Driveway

C M
10 years ago
My half concrete - half paved driveway is in need of some livening up. Despite the miracle that is sunny weather in Ireland, the driveway is still very boring at the moment. There is only one car using this driveway, and there have been cars parking on the paved side and concrete side with no movement of the paving stones. We can't afford to dig it up at the moment, so I am looking for suggestions on how to liven the space up, on a limited budget? I am thinking of painting the front door black - I can't decide what else to do!
Thanks so much for any suggestions - CM
Dublin, Ireland.

Comments (5)

• MCVR
    10 years ago
    I suggest that due to limited budget, you may like to grow plants to make the space appealing... cost less for you
  • pennyorr
    10 years ago
    I would suggest using the paver space and an out door living area. Putting outdoor furniture and potted plants would fill the space nicely and give the exterior much needed color.
  • Wendy Welsh
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I like the concrete has a Mediterranean feel but would introduce some colour through pot plants. If you are creative add some colour using mosaic designs to a basic pot. Colouring the door black will draw more attention to the pathway. Paint the door in bright shades – spring or autumn colours.
  • Lucie Schweizer
    10 years ago
    if your door is black I would try looking for colour to point some of concrete tiles black, then put some "bauhaus" style high flower pot between doors and window, this could do the trick
  • katlean2002
    9 years ago

Colorful, outdoor area rug over the pavers with plants table and chairs.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.