lynn_moloney

Kitchen.....decisions decisions

Lynn Moloney
10 years ago
Hey there...we recently renovating a old home.we got rid of the wooden flooring and put down tiles. But the problem now what to do with kitchen cabinets .we thinking gettin painted but what colour. We going to keep them as they are solid wood and in good nic just bit of updating needed.!!!? Help..?!!!!!

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    10 years ago
    I would have kept the floors and gotten new cabinets, but that's me... I suggest getting new doors and drawer fronts in a medium wood tone to (hopefully) match the cabinetry, as they are very dated looking.
  • Madeline
    10 years ago
    Are there other walls with cabinets? Could you post pictures of them please? (Very nice floor BTW).
  • Lynn Moloney
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    We would like to keep them as they are in good nic . I know they are dated that's why I would like to update them..
    No it just that on the left side there is patio doors
  • PRO
    Jerel Lake
    9 years ago
    Get new doors and drawers then pick a tone that is in the tile for the cabinet color, preferably the darker tone to give them contrast, then a lighter tone for the countertops. From there you can add a cool backsplash that ties in all of the tones along with introducing a complimentary color to give it some interest. Keep the walls a light neutral color and you should be ready for a dinner party....Goodluck!
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.