niamh_foy

Recessed Floor Mat?

Revamp My home
Hi! We're having new flooring fitted in our hallway but wanted to raise the level to come up to our kitchen floor as there is currently a little step down into the hallway. We decided on a solid wood herringbone oak floor but the fitter told us we will have to put in a recessed floor mat inside the front door to accommodate the change in floor height. Our hall is very small and I really feel the mat will take a lot from the new floor. Is there any alternative? (other than changing the front door because it's not in the budget at all)
Do any of you have a recessed mat that you think looks great that might help me come around to the idea?
TIA