alisa_dunne

My 8 year old daughter's bedroom

Alisa Dunne
6 years ago

I am doing up my 8 year old daughter's bedroom, she has totally gone off the princess/pink theme and wants grey tones instead - her taste would be older than a typical 8 year old. She has a large room approx 14' x 14'. On one of these walls she has built in wardrobes, ivory colour (which will be staying). I am lifting her carpet and putting walnut colour laminate flooring (her choice), i have got her a white double bed from Ikea as well as 2 white lockers. So it is well on it's way but I am stuck as to what colour to put with the grey. I haven't yet chosen a grey colour which she wants on her back wall (The headboard of the bed will be on this wall and bed coming into the middle of the room) so any grey colour recommendations I would appreciate. Also can you recommend any other colour to paint the other 3 walls (one of which has a large window on it) other than white which is what i've been thinking but think it may look too cold. Also i am open to painting the ceiling in a different colour other than white but looking for advice. She has fuschia pink curtains at the moment which I think I will have to change but haven't decided on this either or may change to Roman blinds. Grey and blush pink accessories is what I am thinking but finding it hard to source Blush pink curtains so should I bring another colour in to the room to compliment these colour. I would love your feedback, thank you in advance.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.