colm_gillard

Open Plan Kitchen \ Living Design Advice

Colm G

Hi,

We're looking for some design options for a house we are planning to buy. We love the house location but the kitchen \ living area is proving to be a bit of a dilemma. There is a lot of glass in the kitchen area with full length windows to the front and rear which limits the options for layouts. We had a kitchen design prepared but are unsure if this really makes the best use of the space - it includes a corner dining area which while using the space feels a bit cramped for a family of 5. Due to the door position into the kitchen the builders design looks odd as they have placed the kitchen table right in line of sight of the front door so placing the table there seems a no no.

We want to have an island in the kitchen ( its plumbed etc for one ) which we can have up to 5 high seats around which is in the design.

We would like to have a TV in the room ( again limited places to put one on the walls due to the glass ) and would like some suggestions on layouts there also ( maybe the TV has to go ! ) - without something that completely blocks the access to the rear doors.

Any thoughts gratefully received !

Comment