patrenson

A dark and dingy Mallorcan Townhouse transformed!

La Casa Dos is set in the charming and beautiful village of Fornalutx, Mallorca and it's easy to see why the area is a UNESCO world heritage site. When Pat Renson first visited the house it was very dark inside and although structurally sound, was badly in need of an overhaul. Pat started by opening up spaces and taking away unneeded walls. She was keen to mix old with new, without it feeling contrived or jarring with its village surrounding and used polished concrete and estucco to help achieve this. We hope you agree with the client, the transformation is amazing and La Casa Dos is now very much in keeping with its beautiful setting.

Before

After

Artisan Townhouse, Fornalutx, Mallorca · More Info

Comments (11)

• Bebe Price
    6 years ago

A wonderful, beautifully designed, sunny retreat - what a fantastic transformation.

• Cakelady
    6 years ago
    Wow absolutely beautiful.
  • charlie_bill
    6 years ago

gorgeous!

• PRO
    Kia Designs
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

This is a fantastic way to modernise a traditional building whilst keeping its geographical flavour.

• PRO
    Pat Renson Interiors
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks Kia Designs, glad you like it!

• PRO
    Bridget Reading ID
    6 years ago

Great Job! Love to go stay there -what a makeover! -

• PRO
    Pat Renson Interiors
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks for your kind words Bridget. The house is a holiday rental, lacasados.com if you were interested in staying there!

• PRO
    User
    6 years ago

The new work beautifully captures the essence of Mallorcan architecture.

• PRO
    Pat Renson Interiors
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you Stephen. It was a difficult job to administer. However hugely satisfying when done

• PRO
    Pat Renson Interiors
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The house was recently featured in Scotland on Sunday property magazine - great article!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.