lkgp123

How to lighten up brown kitchen

lisa p
6 years ago
We updated our 80s kitchen piecemeal but now I feel it's too brown. there is plenty of light but it seems heavy and dated already. I don't want to do a big fix and hoping folks have good ideas that are budget friendly. eventually we will do a bigger remodel, but since we've done so much already, we hate to redo so soon!

we stained the honey oak, changed the yellow tile, added backsplash, stainless appliances. removed the old fluorescent lights, added a window and opening to the family room. relocated the stove onto the peninsula, extended the peninsula for seating... but now it's so darn brown! I thought about plants, table runner and chair covers. other good ideas? we could maybe spend up to 2-3 k if maybe I can just replace granite w lighter? maybe that is biggest bang?

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.