Chiswick Grade II Listed Townhouse

Slightly Quirky Ltd
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

BEFORE:

Chiswick Grade II Listed Townhouse · More Info

AFTER:

Grade II Listed Townhouse · More Info

This stunning Grade II listed four storey home was brimming with period features such as marble fireplaces, detailed coving and tall sash windows. There were a lot of beautiful, vintage pieces of furniture which the client had inherited from family members, and which are very important to them but didn't represent their taste or style. Some rooms felt dark, despite the large windows, and they wanted to bring more life into the reception spaces especially. They also had an extensive art collection which they wanted to display and enjoy in spaces which complemented and enhanced the work.

BEFORE:

Chiswick-Grade II listed townhouse · More Info

AFTER:

We decided to inject light and colour to the property to create a vibrant, sophisticated family house; the scheme is sympathetic to the style of the house, yet modern and fresh. The use of strong, bold colours brought the dark sitting room to life, this was accented with bold contrasting bright colours and patterned velvet cushions.

We love blending the old with the new and this worked particularly well in this property: we re-covered the old furniture, which was good quality and beautifully designed, they were given a new lease of life in vibrant, modern fabrics.

We mixed the period features with more contemporary materials including glass and plastics. The bedside tables in the master bedroom in black plastic are an unexpected choice , yet work so well in the room and offer a practical solution. We also sourced a selection of interesting table lamps throughout the house and not to mention some quirky accessories too.

The work therefore consists mostly in finding a great colour scheme and to maximise the existing layout. The owners agreed on a strong colour palette, with some darker heritage colours. We brought the scheme into the 21st century by adding resolutely modern features (e.g. the Tom Dixon Melt pendant in the hall) and using vibrant textiles as highlights (in chair covers, for instance).

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comments (8)

• Anna
    6 years ago

what a transformation! love the bathroom floor tiles

Slightly Quirky Ltd thanked Anna
  • Rosalyn Chadburn
    6 years ago

This transformation is great! I especially love the use of colour

Slightly Quirky Ltd thanked Rosalyn Chadburn
  • PRO
    Meleedz@hotmail.com
    6 years ago
    use beautiful colors (:
    Slightly Quirky Ltd thanked Meleedz@hotmail.com
  • PRO
    AVINU - Home Technology
    6 years ago

Ooh la la - love it, love it, love it!

Stunning work as always Team SL!

Slightly Quirky Ltd thanked AVINU - Home Technology
  • AMB
    6 years ago
    Lovely! Love the mix of styles and bold colours.
    Slightly Quirky Ltd thanked AMB
  • PRO
    Pat Renson Interiors
    6 years ago

We love the use of bold colours - great transformation!

patrenson.com

Slightly Quirky Ltd thanked Pat Renson Interiors
  • PRO
    Tile Merchant
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Stunning transformation. Love love love the bathroom tiles, especially the patterned floor tiles!

Slightly Quirky Ltd thanked Tile Merchant
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.