webuser_7541156

My Bathroom

Susie McMahon
6 years ago

A bit over a year ago, I bought a tired 60's bungalow that was basically sound structurally, but desperately in need of an update. I'm a widow with very little to splash around, so I did this myself from rebuilding walls around the bath,

taking out a door, waterproofing, tiling, making the roman blind etc. etc, With only $3000 to spend, I decided not to move any plumbing, keeping the layout as it was. I'm really happy with my extreme budget makeover - it's now a pleasure to enter the room. The door I removed had been added some time after the house was built and connected the laundry/pantry which is off the kitchen, to the bathroom......it turned the bathroom into a corridor and reduced the amount of usable wall space in each room. Redundant door had to go! I now have good storage space on both sides. By the way, I only exceeded my budget by $100 or so.

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.