aoife_c086

Narrow living space

Aoife
6 years ago

Help! We have just purchased our new home- waiting for the keys! But I am trying to get my head around how to design it before we contemplate even buying anything! Our house is a 3 bed semi with the kitchen converted to the garage meaning it is long and narrow, the living room runs along the back of the house with a smaller room beside it. My problem is the use of rooms. The sitting room with the fireplace is long and narrow with no free walls as such so don't know how to lay it out. The rectangular room has Windows along one long wall with 2 doorways along the other. One end of the room has a fireplace with shelving and the other end has a doorway leading to kitchen. My idea would be to cut a breakfast bar between kitchen and sitting room to open it up and use it as an open plan living area using the other room as a cosy snug with double doors leading into it but don't want to do anything is haste! None of the furniture in the pics are mine so I will have a blank canvis. I also wasn't sure how to paint it. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.