signaturedesign1

Awning or Veranda?

Signature Design
6 years ago

Would like to know what the people of Houzz think on Veranda vs Awnings?

Awning
Veranda

Comments (6)

• Luciana
    6 years ago

I'd like an answer to that too! We would like some covering for the patio, and explored these two possibilities, had a couple of reps come around to have a look, but so far with no success.

Ideally, we would like an awning, however we were told it can't be used when it rains. The obvious solution then seemed to be a veranda, but considering we have a oddly shaped garden patio, the metal structure would look awkward, plus it won't be retractable.

Why can't someone invent a truly 'all weather' awning??!

• Signature Design
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hi Luciana if you wouldnt mind sharing with us a picture of your patio area and the dimensions of the area, we would be happy to help you find a solution for you. We have worked with awkward garden shapes before and have always found a way of working around it to best suit the customer. We have a vast range of products as well as our traditional verandas and awnings we have different types of fixed roof systems that can be designed around your home for a great match. Send a picture and the dimensions over too enquiries@signaturedesignltd.com and we will see what we can do :)

• Luciana
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

@Signature Design: Great, thank you! however, your company is in Dorset and we live in Cardiff - how would that work?

This is the garden:

May 2016 · More Info

plan with dimensions · More Info
    Back of the house (sliding doors are 3m wide):

Many thanks again!

• Signature Design
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    @Luciana that is a lovely garden! We are based in Dorset but we cover the whole of the UK. I will pass these photos on to our team and we will get in touch with you to discuss potential ideas! :)
  • Przemysław Lipski
    last year

Awnings and porches both offer shelter from the elements and enhance outdoor living spaces. However, there are several reasons why an awning may be a better choice than a porch.

Firstly, awnings are more flexible than porches. You can retract or extend an awning as needed, giving you greater control over your outdoor space. In contrast, porches are typically fixed structures that cannot be adjusted easily.

Secondly, awnings are generally more affordable than porches. Building a porch can be a major undertaking that requires significant time and financial resources. In contrast, awnings can be installed quickly and at a lower cost.

Thirdly, awnings are often more versatile than porches. There are a wide variety of awning styles and materials to choose from, making it easy to find one that matches your home's architecture and your personal style. Porches, on the other hand, are more limited in terms of design options.

Finally, awnings are more adaptable to different weather conditions than porches. If the weather is hot and sunny, you can extend your awning to provide shade. If it starts to rain, you can quickly retract the awning to avoid damage. In contrast, a porch cannot be easily adjusted in response to changing weather conditions.

Overall, while both awnings and porches have their benefits, awnings offer greater flexibility, affordability, versatility, and adaptability to changing weather conditions, making them a great choice for enhancing your outdoor living space. I recommend checking out this site https://wolfix.ie/

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.