gemma_honour

Cottage family dining room revamp

Gemma H
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a Victorian cottage, with lots of not very original features, such as the upvc windows and modern built stone facia on the fireplace. Although it's cosy, the whole thing looks a bit orange and dated. I'm looking to strip the wallpaper and go for a new colour. The room doesn't get great natural light, so tends to be under artificial light most the time. I'm after something warm that helps to blend the more modern features (that I can't afford to change right now). I'd welcome any suggestions or inspiration! Also any tips on accessories? I really like the scandi country look, and would ideally like to keep some of the turquoise bits and pieces (such as the sofa and electric fire) but just freshened up a little!

Comments (30)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.