cjossel

Velvet upholstery

cjossel
7 years ago

We are about to recover two sofas in our living room. We really like the comfy and elegant look of Matt velvet. We started looking at fabric swatches and velvet seems to be either inexpensive in polyester (contract) or expensive in a cotton mix. Also, some fabrics aren't 'fire retardant '.

Has anyone worked/used the polyester velvet and is there a notable difference to the cotton mix equivalents? Is fire retardant fabric important for reupholstery?

Would also appreciate any suggestions on velvets available in the £30-45 mid-range.

Comments (3)

• kikiamack
    7 years ago
    You could try Clarke and Clarke Palais. It is actually 100% cotton and suitable for upholstery. It comes in over 60 colours and some places are pricing it at under £45 on the internet.
  • cjossel
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you. I'll take a look.

• PRO
    Carpet-Clean.ie
    7 years ago

Always choose a velure velvet fabric always the most durable from my upholstery cleaning experience!!

http://upholstery-cleaning.ie/

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.