shauna_noonan

Singer sewing machine revamp

Shauna Noonan
3 years ago
I've inherited this lovely sewing machine from my MIL and I would like to repurpose it as a computer desk. Looking for suggestions on whether to paint it or sand it down and revarnish it. Has anyone done something similar?

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Patrick Lawless Woodworking
    3 years ago

Hi Shauna. It looks to be in amazing condition, i have been asked about restoration of these a few times but unfortunately they don't hold much value therefore nothing really gets done with them. You could add a new top which sits ontop of existing surface to make it level all the way around. This would be the cheapest and ur not completely making the sewing machine redundant that is if its still working.

Another thing to do is to remove all the top with drawers machine etc put on a new top alot more work and butchery to the beautiful piece you have. Oh and make sure you disabled the bottom drive wheel as it can be a hazard.

Hope this helps

Ireland
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.