shauna_noonan

Singer sewing machine revamp

Shauna Noonan
I've inherited this lovely sewing machine from my MIL and I would like to repurpose it as a computer desk. Looking for suggestions on whether to paint it or sand it down and revarnish it. Has anyone done something similar?

Comment (1)

Patrick Lawless Woodworking

Hi Shauna. It looks to be in amazing condition, i have been asked about restoration of these a few times but unfortunately they don't hold much value therefore nothing really gets done with them. You could add a new top which sits ontop of existing surface to make it level all the way around. This would be the cheapest and ur not completely making the sewing machine redundant that is if its still working.

Another thing to do is to remove all the top with drawers machine etc put on a new top alot more work and butchery to the beautiful piece you have. Oh and make sure you disabled the bottom drive wheel as it can be a hazard.

Hope this helps