emmelinewe

Best SmartHouzz feature? Tell us and win a £2,000 John Lewis gift card

Emmeline Westin
7 years ago

Have you read about our SmartHouzz concept at designjunction? If you're not in the know, the SmartHouzz is a 40 sq m house, packed with clever design features, small-space living solutions and modern tech.

You can read more about it here.

Whether you've attended designjunction, or just read about it on Houzz, we would love to know which SmartHouzz feature is your favourite. Vote for your favourite idea below and post a comment and you could be in with the chance of winning a £2,000 John Lewis gift card and a 1 hour personalised design consultation with a John Lewis home design stylist.

How to enter the competition:

Simply post a comment below telling us which SmartHouzz feature you've voted for and you’ll be entered into a prize draw. One winner will be selected at random. The competition closes midnight 2 October.

SmartHouzz · More Info

By registering your vote and adding a comment, you're agreeing to our competition terms and conditions. Only UK entries this time!

Comments (538)

• Carl Kitchiner
    7 years ago

The bike storage is Scandi cool. Keeps expensive bike equipment safe and encourages fitness...win, win, win

• Sarah
    7 years ago

I love the storage sofa which doubles as a bed! It's such a great way to save space fulfilling one of the main goals of this project. Love the dressing of the sofa as well, helping to pull the look together.

• Alice C
    7 years ago

The Wee kitchen is always smart for a Londoner.

• anne6846
    7 years ago

Brilliant idea to have somewhere to store bedding

• statart
    7 years ago
    Sofa would have to get my vote
  • statart
    7 years ago
    Sofa gets my vote!
  • Pauline cotton
    7 years ago
    Like the sofa that doubles as a bed so long as it is a comfy bed.
  • mikejonezzz
    7 years ago

The ladder desk is ideal for focused working when required and is an attractive feature too.

• rach_yates1986
    7 years ago
    Smart shelving really maximises storage, I will be pinching this idea for our house!
  • Emmie R-P
    7 years ago

Brilliant shelving, looks great and doesn't take up floor space

• liv_182_
    7 years ago

I voted for the smart shelving! I live on a narrowboat and I'm always interested in interior design for small and compact spaces. This is definitely something I'd use on the boat.

• PRO
    Margot Tsim Interiors
    7 years ago

Voted for the compact kitchen - perfect for any small space especially for Central London!

• PRO
    Homebits
    7 years ago

the paperclip hooks are a brilliant idea, simple yet very original and brighten up the wall!

• kmckain58
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Built-ins all the way - nothing sorts out a bare wall better than lining it with books

• beri
    7 years ago

The sofa, tempted to get one...

• Louise Dunne
    7 years ago
    love the built-in up and over shelving to maximise storage space and adds a unique design to any space limited area.
  • iheaton
    7 years ago
    Loving the ladder desk
  • Samantha Mann
    7 years ago

I have voted for The sofa that doubles up as a bed and storage space .... With a small house, children and no spare bedroom for guests to stay in this would be THE ultimate solution two 2 of our main issues.

• 163 hrd
    7 years ago

Voted for bike rack but the sofa bed is very close second.

• Caprice Greenwood
    7 years ago

Love the sofa bed & storage. Perfect for a small house.

• Steph 101
    7 years ago
    I voted for the paper clip coat hooks as they are stylish, intriguing and would have a multitude of uses
  • alisonrhea
    7 years ago

I vote for the ladder desk. A practical nesssity made successfully in to a feature of the room. Bravo!

• PRO
    Tranquil Mount
    7 years ago

I like this idea of saving on space because living space has become very expensive. I think the idea comes from the library book shelves.

• emma9878
    7 years ago

Beautifully designed kitchen.

• errai
    7 years ago

Sofa bed - very practical for a spare room

• Zina Ustinov
    7 years ago

All ideas are great space savers, but the sofa gets my vote this time.

• rosiefenn4
    7 years ago

moving into a new house soon with a small kitchen - so I love the ideas to maximise the kitchen space i will have to play with!

• Dave Pollard
    7 years ago

I'm going bike hook.

• joanna_kenny
    7 years ago
    I voted for the kitchen, it's really neat.
  • lou76
    7 years ago
    The ladder desk great idea!
  • lou76
    7 years ago
    The ladder desk great idea!
  • sjred10
    7 years ago

The built-in and over shelving

• janehalstead
    7 years ago

The compact kitchen :)

• Alison Denton
    7 years ago
    The ladder desk because it looks like art. It provides a functional space for minimal intrusion. Nobody really likes desks in a living space and this is the best solution I have seen.
  • Alison Denton
    7 years ago
    The ladder desk because it looks like art. Functional space for minimal intrusion. Nobody really likes desks in a living space and this is a really pleasing solution.
  • PRO
    daniellovatt
    7 years ago
    The ladder desk, really clever use of such a tiny little space. Makes it very practical
  • Katharine wallace
    7 years ago

Saw a red version of the wood Ladder Desk a few years back. They don't make it now. Wish, so wish I'd bought it then. Practical, space saving and stylish.

• PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Paper clip hanger

so much you can do with this from hanging art to storage

• Toni G
    7 years ago

I desperately need to save space, create storage and get comfy- this sofa does all three! Brilliant!

• Maria Petrie
    7 years ago

The ladder desk because all the best ideas are beautifully simple ones.

• A S
    7 years ago
    I'm in love with the ladder desk, doesn't take up much room at all. Will be working from home this year and very efficient to store work material in a fairly fun and innovative way without taking much room. will definitely need to make an investment in something like this. love it!!
  • cat_louise_ellis
    7 years ago

I love the compact kitchen! What a fantastic idea. Looks amazing too. Cat

• sharonbrown101
    7 years ago

Ladder desk!

• PRO
    Darlings
    7 years ago

As someone who lives in a really tiny space the the sofa that doubles as storage and bed is fantastic, the perfect 3in1 essential for a tiny room!

• Patricia Davies
    7 years ago

The sofa that doubles up as a bed and storage space is definitely my favourite!

• PRO
    Design Storey
    7 years ago

We think elegant bike storage is essential in the modern urban dwelling!!

Loft · More Info

• PRO
    HAMILTON COURT DEVELOPMENTS LTD
    7 years ago

The smart compact kitchen is an ingenious use of limited space! We love the innovative design and the different levels and widths of the shelves make it both interesting to look at and functional. The makeshift breakfast bar is a great addition as it gives the end user flexibility to create more space when necessary. We LOVE it!

• happy warwickshire
    7 years ago
    Who was the winner ✌️✌✌✌
  • Kurt Strong
    7 years ago

Did I win?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.