elainec101

Advice for interior walls, poor condition

elainec101
7 years ago

Hi,

I'm getting work done on the house which has solid walls and was build in 1950. The plaster is falling off the walls in chunks and it looks like its some kind of lime plaster. The builder doesn't want to just plaster back over it because he says that's only a short term solution and he would prefer to do something long term. He is suggesting using cork to create an insulation barrier which can then be rendered/plastered over and then painted. There is currently no insulation either on the interior or exterior walls and I can't afford to insulate externally at the moment as it's just too damn expensive. The interior rooms are too small already to loose space by using thick insulation so I'm thinking the cork idea might be a win win in terms of making the walls better and also providing some kind of insulation. I have to make a rapid decision on this as the building work is already underway and the extent of the poor walls was only discovered once they started the work.

Has anyone else done this or an alternative/different solution to the same problem?

Thanks in advance :)

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.