interioraddict7

Advice on picture windows!

Debbie
7 years ago

Hi, We're buying a new house and the windows aren't in great shape so we're looking to change them all.
It's a 2 story, white rendered, 1980's box shaped house. On the ground floor, there's a front door in the middle of the house. On either side, there's a living room window but the windows aren't exactly the same size (same height, different width). On the 1st floor/top floor, there are 3 equal sized bedroom windows.
We'd like to go with a contemporary look for the house and after talking to our window suppliers, we could go with centre top swing windows in Aluclad for the 3 bedroom windows and fixed pane picture windows for the 2 living rooms. So clear glass with no lines or bars across all 5 front facing windows.
(NB: Fire regs and ventilation can be covered through smaller windows on the side of the house for both living rooms).
I really like the idea of a clear view onto my garden with no lines or bars across the glass and privacy is not a concern as we're well set back from the road. In the computer generated images, the picture windows look really nice but I'm a bit concerned as I have literally never seen this style of window applied to any similar style house!! Even the window supplier had to check it to ensure it could be manufactured that way.
I'd really appreciate any advice, suggestions or images of houses with picture windows that they could share?
Thanks a million!!

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.