alihunt

I need an independent and 'creative' kitchen designer in South Devon.

alihunt
7 years ago

Kitchen Advice.

After consulting with various kitchen companies who have come up with more or less the same standard design I have realised that I could benefit from an independent kitchen designer who can think outside of the box and come up with some creative ideas for my kitchen, preferably someone I can meet in person. I have e-mailed a couple of people with no response. There must be someone in the Houzz community who offers this service in South Devon please...?

Comments (12)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    7 years ago
    I'm a totally independent designer - I don't sell product - purely design - is that what you are after ? Based in Dorset - we don't usually do site visits as we design globally - so usually are too far away ! But if you contact me with your details I'll see how far from us you are !
    (NB. We are taking bookings for September at the moment - but might be able to squeeze you in sooner if you are desperate ! )
    alihunt thanked OnePlan
  • alihunt
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you Bene for your reply, your kitchens look lovely but I already have someone to build them for me I just need a god designer.

• alihunt
    Original Author
    7 years ago

good designer I mean !!! or maybe they should be a "god" at designing ;)

• alihunt
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi One Plan, thanks for your reply. Yes you're right I'm looking for someone to be creative and make suggestions based on our needs and to maximise the use of space. I've read of a few experiences similar to mine where we've invited a kitchen company round assuming they would do this but instead have asked me what I want and where I want it and then drawn a standard plan based on how their units would fit it. A very common problem I think !

• PRO
    OnePlan
    7 years ago
    If you go to our pro page ( click on my name it will take you there ) you can see what some of my past clients say about our work ! We have a few reviews that give an account of how people see us and our service !
  • PRO
    Tulip
    7 years ago

Haha we all want a "god" - luckily I have my father, with 40 years of doing god like things with kitchen designs! :)

With the true nature of our bespoke designs, we've got a tried and tested team behind us who are capable of bringing our creations into life. For us, it would be hard to go down any other route. No doubt a bespoke design is what you need...

Best of luck, please let us know how you get on - hopefully you find someone up to the task!

Regards,

Bené - SA Designs

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hello furlottia,

I agree you need someone who is not standard, who is highly creative and thinks outside the box, that can give you a lot of ideas and create something fabulous within your given budget.. It is an absolute must when considering a fantastic and interesting kitchen that is refreshing to look at for as long as you have it..

Ideally you want someone who can design with all the fundamentals in mind.. So that means procurement... appliances- what and for where, fixtures, finishes and the interior aesthetic along with it.. flooring, windows et al.. Someone who considers the space and what would sit right within the home and someone who can understand exactly how you use the space and what you want from your kitchen...

Basically someone who can do everything for you in terms of the design, style and procurement- but the work itself!

For that, you then need a fabulous fitter! Who is also a god at fitting! :))

• PRO
    Tulip
    7 years ago

Hi Furlottia,

Just wanted to check in with you and your original post...

Did you ever get any further with this?

• Susan
    7 years ago
    Please put up a photo when it's finished.
  • alihunt
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I will !

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.