jill_sinclair67

Can you help - matching new bed to some old furniture

Jill Sinclair
7 years ago

My father left me a house in portugal and it has some mahogony furniture although the wardrobes are built in and I cannot remember what kind of wood they are. They look fine.

it is quite minimilist and the walls are white which looks good.

I was going to buy 2 double beds which were a pine wood frame simple modern design then I thought they would look out of place with the mahogany chest of drawers in one bedroom.

The other bedroom only has a small table thing in mahogony which could be removed but I think it would be better to have everything the same not bitty.

I have been looking at beds with fabric headboards steel grey or linen and one described as mocha with dark legs.

I would like to have something neutral. I love natural wood simple modern design beds but I dont want to get rid of all the beatiful mahagony furniture so I am thinking a neutral colour like linen fabric bed with whte bed linen might look better.

I am completely unable to picture it and decide.

It is not much to go on but there is an example of mahogony with some of the beds for sale below.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions

Jill

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.