jill_sinclair67

Can you help - matching new bed to some old furniture

Jill Sinclair

My father left me a house in portugal and it has some mahogony furniture although the wardrobes are built in and I cannot remember what kind of wood they are. They look fine.

it is quite minimilist and the walls are white which looks good.

I was going to buy 2 double beds which were a pine wood frame simple modern design then I thought they would look out of place with the mahogany chest of drawers in one bedroom.

The other bedroom only has a small table thing in mahogony which could be removed but I think it would be better to have everything the same not bitty.

I have been looking at beds with fabric headboards steel grey or linen and one described as mocha with dark legs.

I would like to have something neutral. I love natural wood simple modern design beds but I dont want to get rid of all the beatiful mahagony furniture so I am thinking a neutral colour like linen fabric bed with whte bed linen might look better.

I am completely unable to picture it and decide.

It is not much to go on but there is an example of mahogony with some of the beds for sale below.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions

Jill

Comment