briandaly

Need help with ideas to change front of house

Brian Daly
11 years ago
I am currently looking at buying the house attached. It has plenty of space inside which would be ideal for us but from an exterior perspective it is not to our liking.

Could anybody suggest a few ideas/pictures that would allow us to remodel the front and back of the house relatively inexpensively. We had thought about building an atrium/porch at the front replacing the current dormer window and changing both windows at the front to give more height and sense of style.

We would not envisage replacing the rest of the windows around the house as they are all new and there are too many to replace. We are not fond of the window colour (brown and PVC) but believe we will have to live with this or find away that potentially would work by painting/covering. (Is painting PVC possible and would it work?)

We have discussed potentially Cedar cladding parts of the house, maybe changing paint colour to Grey with cedar contrast.

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated before we considering going ahead with the purchase.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.