robertjuric

Short Deck Ideas

robertjuric
8 years ago

We have a short deck that is level with our backdoor. The deck is going on 15 years and some of the boards are splintering. About 2 years ago we applied one of those deck restore, rhino liner type coatings. It has since peeled off and now we have to do something with the deck. They are also beginning to build a house directly behind us and having the deck raised slightly makes us feel like we are sitting right at fence height and we really enjoy our privacy.

So we are at a delimma as to whether we should restore the deck as it is, adding a pergola and maybe some lattice screens or remove the deck and pour a slab and have some steps down? Either way we've also debated adding a solid roof. We'd really appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.