amanda1000000

Hedge!

amanda1000000
8 years ago

Hi there, we are in a complete dilemma so I thought I'd come to the best place for advice :)

We have Leylandi hedges down both sides of our 150' garden. Unfortunately they were not maintained prior to us buying the house so are very wide 120cm - 250cm depending on where in the garden you are. On the left it is not our boundary and the hedge is in our garden. On the right it is our boundary and the other side is a public village footpath - not hugely busy.

We just don't know whether to get rid of them or live with it. It will be expensive to redo but we are about to landscape the garden which we obviously want to get right.

I prefer hedges to fence but we can't have no privacy for however many years that would take! On our neighbours side they are responsible for the boundary but we can't just cut down the hedge and tell them they need to pay for a fence!

Help!

Comments (13)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.