03liadain

Help needed for TINY Tv room. Any ideas will be much appreciated

03liadain

We've just converted an unused old dining room to a bathroom, utility room and a tiny TV room.

It is just off our kitchen and we are planning to put up some kind of glass door, but we have no idea of how decorate it.

It is 255m ( where the sofa is) X 264m ( to the chimney breast) OR

255 X 295 ( to inset wall behind chimney)

I was thinking of chesterfield with book shelves above it... OR

book shelves along the entire wall facing as you walk in, but I am open to any suggestions

Here are some pics. Apart from the other halfs essential TV, it is a building site

Many thanks

• minnie101
    last modified: 4 years ago

Hi. I think a Chesterfield would be nice, you can find some small ones c5ft or so which will allow for a narrow lamp table or trunk. I'd go for a ŵall to wall bookcase behind the sofa with a couple of ŵall lights affixed. I don't know what styles you like but perhaps french doors painted in a dark grey to give a crittall look. Does the tv fit in the alcove if you were to add shelves and then add art over the fire with a large mirror on the ŵall facing you? I would keep colours light (is the kitchen grey?) and although it would fill the space a little I might add a narrow upholstered footstool which you can use as extra seating and/or add a tray on one half which you can accessorise

03liadain thanked minnie101
    Julu

An over-sized mirror would be a definite addition for me to give a feeling of space and also help with the light.

03liadain thanked Julu
  • 03liadain

Thanks guys. They are both great ideas. Unfortunately , that TV can't move. It has a moveable arm at the back which can be pulled out and turned towards the kitchen if needs be. It's the other halfs pride and joy.

Yes Minnie, our kitchen is grey. The only problem I saw with the bookshelves behind the sofa is that the books would be impossible to reach ( barr standing on the sofa). It would definitely look good though.

Thanks again guys

Exclusive Mirrors

Hi, this space is great and you seem to have a lot of light! A mirror would definitely help reflect the light and project it around the space. A round mirror might look nice featured above the console table you have. Something like the ones below

http://bit.ly/1PF5AxQ

http://bit.ly/1pfWr3f

Hope this help!

03liadain thanked Exclusive Mirrors
  • Oriolus Oriolus
    I love chesterfields but in such a small room the space you lose behind the back and arms would seem like a waste to me. I would probably go for a low corner sofa with straight back and arms (or no arms) which can be pushed against the walls to maximise the seating and floor space. You could get something upholstered in soft leather if that's the look you like.
    I like the idea of bookshelves above the sofa but again I think a lower sofa would be better for this - with a Chesterfield your head might feel a bit close to the bottom shelf for comfort! Or how about building bookshelves around the TV?