lynnette_higginssouders

1890's needs a makeover

We're in escrow on this magnificent old house that we can't to wait to make a home. Unfortunately the outside is so blah... Bottom brick is dark grey, middle is red & stucco is white. The black trim is sooo ugly and the red faux shutters are plastic :( ANY suggestions of colors, trims or whatever would be so appreciated. Were in CA so weather is mild.

The real estate sign will be replaced with a lamp post.

Comments (64)

• suezbell
    8 years ago

By adding posts to the end of the rock walls alongside the steps you could cover the steps with a roof, too, and, if you do decide to create an entry similar to this one -- slightly curved roof --

[https://www.houzz.com/photos/architectural-designs-exclusive-house-plan-73345hs-craftsman-exterior-minneapolis-phvw-vp~18015138[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/architectural-designs-exclusive-house-plan-73345hs-craftsman-exterior-minneapolis-phvw-vp~18015138)

and paint the new posts your new choice of paint color for your exterior wood siding, then that would put the focus on something other than the rock walls.

• chiflipper
    8 years ago

Have the whole exterior cleaned by a professional, get referrals from several masonry contractors. The local Historical Society is your best bet for photos of original paint scheme. You don't need to duplicate that scheme exactly, you can tweak it. Fabulous house!!!

• Related Discussions

Entrance hall makeover. Suggestions needed!

Q

Comments (9)
    removing the door to kitchen would be easiest & cheapest way to open up & brighten the hall area. Next best, but more costly would be replacing door with one with glass panels. Look for used one in 2nd hand or @ your local Habitat for Humanity store. Keep the one you take off just in case other one gets damaged and needs to be replaced. Replacing only two panels would not achieve much I don't think. A mirror should only be placed where it can reflect something of interest & expand the room. If I recall, the staircase is what would be reflected? A photo collage frame? I think more colour is called for here. Your home, your choice. Bottom line is you decide what is right for your space. As you have likely noticed everyone has a different opinion, professional or not. Most important in re-styling a space is what the home owner wants to use the space for & to be their taste.
    ...See More

Any ideas for final touches to this living/dinning room?

Q

Comments (51)
    Just a quick note to thank you all for sharing your thought, ideas, experience and time. I especially want to thank Bluenan and decoenthusiaste for being with me through the all process for the last 6 months or so..., just wanted to post few photos of the results (https://www.houzz.com/discussions/any-ideas-for-final-touches-to-this-living-dinning-room-dsvw-vd~569586) as I feel it is not only me who created this space but it is your creations as much as mine. It may not be perfect or according to the the "Rules", but it is Me and my family. Each and every piece was chosen by me in different parts of the world and each one of them has a unique story behind. I am very pleased with my space. I love it! I am very blessed. .... and so I am off to my new project now... Back to school.... that's really going to be hard ;) Thank you all, once again.
    ...See More

Need help with fire surround in coastal bungalow

Q

Comments (9)
    I think the room could be much more elegant if you dry walled the end of the pony wall up to the ceiling which would give you a more centered fireplace which could then turn into a focal point with a proper mantel. Right now the set-up looks sort of busy and odd, especially with all the books in the built-in. If you chose to do that I would get rid of the bookcase. If you want to keep the current set up, beefing up the wood on the mantel as Scott Design suggested would be an inexpensive way to improve its appearance. I would also remove the books and put in a few art objects in the bookcase.
    ...See More

My Before and After picture for my garden

Q

Comments (95)
    It makes me cross that people think they have a right to make some quite negative comments on this post. Masmccar76 put these photos on because she thought people would like to see a genuinely lovely transformation of her garden. Instead there have been some downright nasty comments. By all means make comments but keep them constructive. Houzz is all about is sharing ideas, not about being nasty
    ...See More
  • motownmom
    8 years ago

What a gorgeous find! Congrats!

The building to the right of the house (in the top picture) appears to be a pale, perhaps buttery yellow. I was thinking that color would look nice before I noticed the other building. The pane frames in the windows of that other building appear to be close in color to the brownish red of your roof and brick. I think if you removed the shutters and painted the stucco in a pale yellow tone similar to that it would look great.

Then you could paint the window trim & pane frames to coordinate with the brick tones...........or perhaps paint them white, hard to tell what would look better.

But I also agree it might be important to speak with the historical society in the area to see if that would be something that fits the historic period.

Good luck making your new house your HOME.

• crossbreeze1
    8 years ago

I am happy to read others suggesting NOT to paint brick. Trust me. . . Never again will I paint brick. You have a beautiful home. You have good advise from some. Powerwash brick, remove shutters and paint the white areas grey. Check with any historical or homeowners associations before hand.

• Kendrah
    8 years ago

I have a historic house and am dealing with colors too on the stucco parts. I think your task is to highlight the incredible brick architectural shapes - the arched brick entryway, the three arched windows on the side. Do this by 1.) removing shutters or getting historically appropriate ones, 2.) painting the stucco a color that compliments the red brick but does not contrast it, 3.) painting the time a slightly different shade of the color you use on the stucco so the trim does not distract from the lines of the arches, and 4.) tending to the white color of the window frames. The white grids and surrounding frames are really distracting and not in keeping with the historical look of the house. I would have them painted the same color as the stucco so they blend instead of pop.

I advise caution in picking a contractor to do even the cleaning of your brick work. Make sure they well understand the needs of historic brick. We have a home guide for our historic neighborhood, which was built around 1860. They caution against cleaning the bricks too much. I cannot remember why, but it struck me as prudent when I read it.

Do things in stages and live with it for a while. This house has been here a long time and hopefully you will be in it for a long time. It might really bother you now, but taking time to make the right choices is always best.

• C&T Brooks (VA, Zone 7a)
    8 years ago

Beautiful home. Whatever you do, don't paint the brick! It is important to the architectural integrity of the home, not to mention it's lovely. Have the brick gently cleaned and repointed by a tradesman familiar with historic homes. On the white area, I'd paint that a color that compliments the brick. Maybe a stone grey, moss, or verdigris color. The door, light fixtures & shutters must be removed. The door was, may have been a double door. Check the door jam for evidence. If not, it was definitely a a show piece and should be replaced in kind.

• jamiehaas48
    8 years ago

Fabulous historic home! Love the arched entry and windows.

Contacting the Historical Society is a must as they probably have regulations about the exterior maintenance/color scheme. Follow their advice on cleaning/pointing the brick and whether shutters were original to the home.

They can also recommend a front door style to replace that awful flat panel door. Something with a few little windows maybe. It might look good painted black to pull in the trim color. You might want to replace the transome with stained glass. I see some through the front window on the side of the house.

The porch light is too small. Try to find one that's more proportional - a tall skinny one that shields the light from getting in your eyes.

I would paint the stucco on top/entry/sides a tone of grey that coordinates with the lower grey brick. I think then the black trim will look elegant and the white window grids will look better. Besides, they look brand new, which is an added bonus for you. Try living with it for awhile. The black trim coordinates nicely with the gorgeous iron fence. You can always have the trim painted later if you still don't like it.

If you need a new roof, a dark grey would really pull all these colors together.

For more curb appeal, you could get some large urns for the ends of the walls next to the steps planted with asparagus ferns and smaller urns for the walls on top of the stairs planted with seasonal color. Don't let the pots drain directly onto the brick - it may cause corrosion. Tree ferns or some kind of palms in large planters on the ground on both sides of the stairs would add to the symmetry and soften the look.

The address sign is in an odd spot on the side of the entry. It would look better in large black individual numbers on top of the beautiful entry arch. A light like this one would illuminate your address at night and could be placed right above the arch:

Enjoy your new home!

• Joan O'Brien
    8 years ago

You have found a treasure. My advice would be to control your enthusiasm for make immediate changes, except for taking down those inappropriate shutters. Those should be taken down immediately Take your time and investigate a few options to help you decide what you will like. The TV show, "This old house" used to have an historic line of paints and had examples of different types of American architectural styles. I am not an expert, but yours looks like Queen Anne to me.

Dunn Edwards paints has a visualization app whereby you take a few pics of the house go to the Dunn Edwards store and they will upload them into their computer so you can see a multitude of paint color combinations. I have tried this at home, but it works much better with a pro operating it.

I strongly concur with the commenters who suggested consulting an historic preservationist for ideas and advice. You need to start a folder right now to collect all the advice and ideas to proceed with your renovation slowly and carefully. This is a big project, and needs to be approached from the preservation standpoint.

• C&T Brooks (VA, Zone 7a)
    8 years ago

I would highly suggest contacting this guy: http://www.oldhouseguy.com/exterior-paint-colors/

Really great preservation advice and they have a color consultation option where they recreate the best option for your home.

• Anna Rhees
    8 years ago

A soft blue-grey on the siding with a deeper grey trim would be nice and pull in the lovely stonework at the bottom, something like this.

Heavy Timber Tudor · More Info
    And I love your house!

• karinbee
    8 years ago

Wow! It's a beautiful, charming, and impressive house! I liked miacometlady's photos...all of them; it would be up to you to choose! However, I believe the square shutters need to go. If you want a bit of color try to find a set of small shutters that are "domed" on top instead of square...they could also have small heart cut-outs to pull out the design at the apex of your house. Also, I'd paint the door red or green or yellow, depending on your personal color choices . The aged/stained brick doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, I think it adds to the charm! Good luck!

• PRO
    Johnson & Johnson Architecture
    8 years ago

If you are interested in learning the color history, it is fairly easy. Use a fine grit sand paper (about 200 grit) and baby or mineral oil and sand in one place. In a circular motion, sand in an area of about 1" in diameter. Continue sanding until the wood substrate is exposed. Wipe clean the area (the oil can get a little messy). With a loupe or magnifying glass, take a close look at the layers of the paint history. The "paint crater" can reveal the vivid layers of the paint history. Doing paint craters in several locations can reveal the construction sequence (addition, alterations, etc.). By comparing the colors of the layers in several paint craters, you can begin to develop the sequence of changes. Better yet, if you can date a particular color through a photograph, oral history, or other means of documentation, you begin to set the dates of colors. Beware: you will probably be sanding in lead paint. So wear disposable gloves.

• PRO
    Change of Art®
    8 years ago

Excellent idea from Johnson & Johnson Architecture - And it sounds like it could be fun. Even if you don't love the discovered color(s), it could give you ideas about lighter vs. darker.

Lucky you – your new home looks like a real treasure!

P.S. [:paranoid stuff ] Though the oil will surely reduce the amount of dust, consider wearing at least a light-duty mask while you're sanding.

• gailp_home
    8 years ago

Excited for you! Restoring or updating is two different directions. First I would suggest define which works for you and your budget. The shutters, front door and side lights, and walk way are the 3 things that I would would focus on.

1. Removing the shutters,

2. Delete the side windows, replace them with 2 pretty smaller ovals to add character back in, if space allows.

3. Replace the front door with a custom single door, 45" wide with beveled glass on top, a dutch door would be my gorgeous my preferance!

4. I would add a brick walkway and put your initial in the center to make a statement. Making a space between the drive way for a row of boxwoods or roses. The walk way appears to be an extension of the driveway now.

5. On the brick exterior above the steps a iron lantern that hangs out and over the front steps would be gorgeous and light the path.

I would not paint the brick, I would keep it original. I would paint the trim a dark grey and the stucco a brighter white. Later I would shingle the upper where the stucco is!!!

A beautiful mailbox in the yard and flowers.

Enjoy your gem and make the journey fun!

Best to you

• suzyq53
    8 years ago

I think your house is in the Dutch Colonial Revival style, not Queen Anne. The Dutch barn shaped dormers certainly are. Some of these homes are a kind of mix of elements and styles. Is this in San Jose?

• Noreen Hitchcock
    8 years ago

I agree with many of the suggestions here that you should power wash the brick and have it repointed. Get rid of the shutters and paint the stucco with a light/medium grey and use white for the trim. You could use a bright color, maybe red if you like it or a blue, for the front door and put large pots in the same color on the walls leading up to the door. The home is uniquely beautiful! Good luck!

• sgoldcamp
    8 years ago

Remove the shutters. You don't need them, and they look too small.

Powerwash stucco and brick.

Repaint all black a different color. I like the green trim shown in a picture from a post, or maybe a gray that blends with the gray brick to tie things together.

Add some marching planters in the same color on each side of the arc doorway opening to soften the lines.

Looks like a great house!

• Mary Wiggenhorn
    8 years ago

Pitch the shutters. Besides being plastic, they're too small and not appropriate. I would paint the front porch and the stucco a cafe au lait or light gray. After that's done, repaint the trim with something that goes better than black (ugh). Perhaps a deeper cafe au lait or gray. I think the stucco can pull out a color from the stone. Powerwash the brick. Once that's done, put two long planters on the stonework on either side of the steps. Then you can play with the front porch.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Careful with the cleaning of the brick. A 1890 house is likely to have lime based mortar. Current day mortar has cement based mortar. Lime base mortar typically breaks down over time, due to exposure to water / moisture (keep those sprinkler heads away from the brick!). Power washing would easily blow away lime based mortar. When repointing with cement based mortar, the joints become stronger than the brick, and then the brick breaks with any movement. Most older brick is not as strong as today's brick. The whole idea is that the joints are easier to replace than the brick. As with almost any work, having a knowledgeable "old house" craftsman is of primary importance.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Most major cities in California have the Mills Act. It can provide a sizable property tax rebate for historically designated homes. Before making ANY changes (some of the recommended changes have been severe), check with your city if the Mills Act is available.

• needinfo1
    8 years ago

Be very careful with even thinking about power washing the brick. You could potentially create huge structural issues. Consider re-splashing the stucco rather than painting it because a paint job will have to periodically be re-done, whereas re-splashing is more like a permanent light coat of stucco over the old one.

• thymewarrior
    8 years ago

Personally I think the house is gorgeous. I would take off the shutters, paint the white a nice dark grey and then I think the black trim would look great. Have the mortar on the brickwork touched up and paint the front door a welcoming color. You've got a great house, congrats.

• rbaraj1
    8 years ago

I agree with painting the brick, not a bright white but a creamy white color consistent with homes age, get rid of those ugly shutters that were never meant to be there. I'd leave the bottom grey brick as is, gives the house it's age and grace, looks really beautiful.

Congrats, great find

• User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

You think that is blah? I think it is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I live in Italy, and houses (and people!) are allowed to age and show their age and history.

I do see that it could be great to carefully restore the brick (but not so it's sterile!). And personally I strongly dislike shutters that are not functional, so I would replace the ones you have or just remove them, period. I can imagine painting the upper wood a favorite color, and creating many personal touches with plants or accessories like a new wow door or lighting, mailbox.

But for me, I would just feel so blessed to live in a house that looked like that, and would feel like it was welcoming and protecting me. I would change myself to take care of the house in return before changing the house.

• Joan O'Brien
    8 years ago

ital mover...bless you! You understand the blessings of an historical house, and you look beyond the initial urge to get it 'updated' and 'all done'. I share those views myself. Thank you for putting it so succinctly.

• Terri Henderson
    8 years ago

I just ran across this and thought of your house (which I love)... I had read comments but did not have any suggestions that were not already made. Check this out. http://www.houzz.com/projects/480588/dutch-colonial-paint-colors

• Lynnette Higgins Souders
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank you for all the suggestions! We're considering light butter yellow for the white stucco and grey for the trim. The shutters come down the day escrow closes. My hubby REALLY appreciates you for convincing me not to touch the brick :)
  • schiavoneluke
    8 years ago
    if you bought a house this old I would consider doing some digging. alot of times you'd be amazed at what your city records or historical society has on the house, often people will dig up historic photographs and be shocked at what has been changed on a house that is 120+ years old. also in terms of paint, victorian house colors were primarily earth tones with dark trim, but there's no way to say what exactly your home had. if I were you in would either hire someone to do a paint sample on the trim and stucco or I get some paint remover and very carefully and slowly work away at several spots on the woodwork and exterior walls until you reach the last layer of paint. due to sunbleaching over 100 years the original paint will be very faded but it will give you an indication of what was there. it is also entirely possible that your home had been stuccoed at some point, the only way to know for sure would be to either find older pictures or potentially previous owners, in which case you might consider bringing the house back to its original appearance. I'm a huge proponent personally of historical considerations with these types of homes, especially one as neat and unique as yours (the brickwork and roof style are very interesting). keep in mind the victorians built these houses with a purpose and the colors in particular were an integral part of the style. all in all, beautiful home with alot of potential
  • Wendy Cressotti-Knox
    8 years ago
    I highly recommend infusing vibrancy with landscaping. Introducing some richly saturated deep greens will offset the hardscape of the brick and stone. It will contribute a sense of place and identity that that strictly boring grass couldn't possibly manifest. Best of luck!!!
  • Joan O'Brien
    8 years ago

Have you looked at the website recommended by someone else on here? http://www.oldhouseguy.com/exterior-paint-colors/.  I checked it out, and he has very good, professional ideas about color.

• Paul Todd
    7 years ago

Just removing the shutters would improve this house a lot. The black might be too high of a contrast in color for most, lightning that up a bit, (gray, sage, etc.) could also help.

• PRO
    Gypsy Perfections
    7 years ago

I have carefully studied the photos of your house and here are a couple of ideas. First, choose a color that plays well with the neighborhood, yet makes your personal stamp, such as a soft Dove Grey for the inside walls of the porch. Paint the front door a stand out and shout color, like aqua, teal, or even cherry red! All house trim ice white, shutters black, and the former white needs to be one shade lighter than the inner porch wall color (soft dove grey becomes just a shade lighter. As for the brick, a good power wash makes a huge difference. Remember, you always watch the color of the shingles, people forget that and make huge mistakes as to color of paint choices. Nothing throws a person backward faster, than to look at a beautiful house that is, say...sandstone or beige (pretty mute colors), and see a blue or green shingled roof! Add some soft landscaping out front. Small plants that play well and a few low profile solar lights. Don't overdue the landscaping and take away from the house itself. Don't forget to give that beautiful fence a new coat of black paint!

• mfrog
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Heritage brick & lime mortor can be very easily damaged through power washing. Take some time before doing anything that can't easily be undone, like painting the brickwork. I agree with others here, that it's likely the contrast of the white against the brick that makes the house look "blah" as you put it. I would research heritage colours for this style of house & go from there. You don't need to repaint in the original colours, but knowing what they were may help you. We spent 14 years restoring a victorian queen anne cottage. Good luck! Hope you have as much fun as we did! :)

• PRO
    JC Wagner & Associates, Inc.
    7 years ago

Lynette, We here at JCWagner are always watching the local listings to see the character of our wonderful city. So I was surprised to see your comment and recognize the house! (In fact I had thought of recommending the home to my brother!) I'd love to take a tour when you close!

• Lynnette Higgins Souders
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    JCWagner, you are more than welcome to come by after its ours :) A lot of the charm has been removed but we have a 5 year plan to make her pretty again. Thankfully were just outside the Magnolia dist. so we have some flexibility. 1st we will be removing the horrible addition in the back! Then it's off on all the fun stuff like re-finishing all the walls/ceilings for Stencils and tin tiles. Stripping all the paint from the wood trim & foyer fireplace etc... Adding more trim... We welcome your suggestions.

We orignally looked at the 1923 Prohibition 4 plex on Park St but it needed everything! It does have a VERY cool moving wall for your liquor stash that ALMOST made it worth it. see pix
  • jessbiddle
    7 years ago

It sounds like this old girl is in good hands with you! I would just second what many have said: 1) shutters go. That will be fun for you. 2) I think the black trim is making it feel top heavy. Lots of good color suggestions here. 3) do not paint brick and old brick can be fragile but last forever so inspect it before powerwashing. 4) The front door looks off to me. If you google the style of your home with the word brick and click on images you may get good images. Pinterest can also be a decent resource of samples. I'm loving that fence and the arches!! Have fun!

• joann7
    7 years ago

Love the architectural style. I would definitely remove the shutters and there seems to have been something mounted on the large brick arch over the stairs. It could have been an arched half awning over that area which would have given another layer to the exterior. It probably was an accent color and would set the rest of the house off really well. I would see if that is something that you would consider before choosing the paint for the rest of the exterior.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Awning+Styles+and+Colors&view=detailv2&&id=CC02F53DB7B91A616CCF1DCFD215B05F2970D3F4&selectedIndex=4&ccid=ZYqwKSWI&simid=608041171023433432&thid=OIP.M658ab029258816eb346ec89c802ec66co0&ajaxhist=0

• uberv
    7 years ago

I would be very concerned that power washing 100 year old brick and mortar would damage both. Even re-pointing old brick is tricky. Modern mortars are not formulated the same. Make sure you hire a mason who is familiar with working on historical properties.

• PRO
    JC Wagner & Associates, Inc.
    7 years ago

Speaking to uberv and mfrogs (and others) concerns about masonry, we have worked with local masonry company Pengilly Masonry on historical projects like the Sperry Building at 146 W Weber, repointing walls and reconstructing a toppled chimney.

• Lynn G
    7 years ago

The brick work is fabulous! Don't mess with it!

Ditch the shudders, and don't replace them with other/larger/wood/etc. - it's just more maintenance and also, clutter - doesn't compliment most homes.

Possibly paint the trim a different color - like a slate grey-blue (compliments the grey bottom bricks and works with the red bricks). Then paint the front door a color that pops and draws more attention to it. If it's the original door, it might be good to strip it and keep it natural wood. If it's a replacement, may be good to find a really cool antique door - one that has some windows to allow light in, or has some great carvings.

It's a beautiful house - congratulations!

• kathpickard
    7 years ago
    The huge areas of white are killing the look. A soft grey or sage green would make a huge difference. I would not paint the brick because it turns it into a high maintenance surface. Once its painted it always has to be painted and you have so much. The brick is attractive as it is. Shiny black trim and door works but if you really don't like black you could consider a deep brick colour i.e. A brown with an orangey undertone. Its a lovely house that needs little. Some foundation plants would break up the expanse of brick, you would not need lots, just a couple with
    presence.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 years ago

Remove the shutters. I like this combination. Make sure you paint the muntins the same as the trim.

Wilding · More Info

• er612
    7 years ago

Wow! What an incredible house!! Congrats! As far as paint colors, grey/beige and white trim looks classic. I like the yellow too but I prefer the first pic.

• khosmer2015
    7 years ago

First of all, congratulations on a great house! Love the arched porch entrance. And the bay windows balancing it.

Play that up!

Perhaps a whitewash on wall brick? (see other posts for warnings against painting brick) leaving the archway brick natural to highlight the great shape and character.

Shutters need to be larger, and "real" as in able to actually serve their purpose to protect windows in a storm. As for color, this will depend on door, trim and wall colors chosen, but for now, maybe Black to set them out from the house color without clashing with the current colors.

Consider a punch of your favourite colour on the inside walls of the entryway. I'm picturing a rich turquoise or warm golden yellow. And if your porch ceiling is high enough, a pretty outdoor friendly chandelier would be lovely centred in the archway. A pair of sconces beside the archway outside or flanking the front door could also work.

The idea is to draw the eye in, to a the focal point of the front door.

(I can't tell much from your pics about the front door. This may be a candidate for upgrading, or refreshing, as well.)

Take more photos, showing the front door, entry porch, and a "from the street", overall wide shot that captures the scale and relation of the various elements of the house. Take these to your local home store, along with any photos of styles you like, and let the designers there Photoshop in some lighting fixture styles and colors so you can see what you like best.

Also consider some landscaping even if it is just some nicely potted flowers on either side of the steps. Just resist growing Ivy on your brick. It can ruin your mortar.

Good luck, and remember to be grateful for all you have, even as you contemplate changing the details. Looks like a great, roomy house with plenty to love. Give yourself permission to enjoy the process!

• cheryl stone
    7 years ago

Hi, Gorgeous house. I love old houses they have their own personality. I'm trying to buy a 1900's house. I would do the white acid wash on the brick. It is the new fad. Its something you put on and just wipe it off. I think Germany started it. It would look cool on this house. Then I would find a red color that matches your brick and paint the trim. I would either leave the shutters off or get bigger ones.If you keep shutters I would paint them black. Also paint the front door black but the trim all in a brick red or whatever matches your brick. I would keep the white and paint inside the porch white. Then get you some nice lights to put by your door ,maybe even just one probably black. Then put some red roses and the white dogwood trees and maybe the red burning busch out in front yard with some greenery. I hope you the best in whatever you do. It will come to you once you get started. Would love to see it when you get it finished. Have fun ! ! !

• donnasd
    7 years ago

No suggestions; just want to tell you that I think you have a beautiful home! May you have many years of happiness in it!

• PRO
    Unbeatable Repairs LLC
    7 years ago
    how about a tan color just for the walls between the brick and the roof
  • debra_skaradzinski
    7 years ago
    What a beautiful house! Best wishes in your future renovation adventures!
  • PRO
    by "MAC"
    7 years ago

Lynette, So many comments and ideas. Johnson & Johnson and Wagner is the correct direction.. Go with the Pros. Great Home, wishing you the best of luck and have a wonderful time on your new adventure.

• PRO
    Creative Restoration
    7 years ago

There Is nothing simple about this house, it requires real research and talent (and money) to bring it back to glory.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.