auntthelma

Not quite a dilmma, but a solution. Our bathroom project

auntthelma
8 years ago

We redid the bathroom in our most requested room. The room with the best ocean view. We have a Victorian era Dutch Colonial home with 6 guestrooms. This past year, we replaced 4 sinks and had 2 showers updated and cleaned up. But for this room, we gutted the whole thing and started over. I'm thrilled with the result.

The paint color is Clark & Kensington Biscaya. We have the same color in our common area and love it.

The shower before was built with drywall walls and doorway type molding around the opening and felt very confined and claustrophobic. The new shower is no bigger, but will feel a lot cleaner and more open.

I like the marble vanity that has a Victorian feel, but is brand new. The toilet had been directly across from the sink leaving a great deal of unused space in a long, thin room. We moved it and though that took the most time, effort and $$$$, it was worth it.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.