patricklaffey

Laundry / utility room size

patricklaffey
8 years ago
We are currently building a home and have the option to place our laundry room in a space that is 16'x15' or another room that is 12'x9'. Both rooms are close to the bedrooms and my feeing is that the smaller room would function very well. I feel that the larger room will have a lot of wasted space in the centre and that a room of this size could be used in a large number of other ways depending on the needs of our family.

Am I being unreasonable? My wife and I have two young children with a third of the way so a well functioning room is a must. In terms of an alternative use for the larger room I could see this as a home gym/ cinema room or additional bedroom in the future. If we opt to use the larger room as a laundry room the plan is to use the smaller one as a storage room. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.