mmfsmith

Margaret Smith's Rant!!!!!

mmfsmith
8 years ago
As the Architect, if you are going to post your photographs of your work, the least you can do is research the paints and materials used, in order to keep the interest of the public you hope will view your work, and perhaps contact you for further business!!!!! This appears to be more of an ego trip than anything else. I've said this before, it's tiring when questions aren't answered! Answers are what keep the readers interested! It pays to communicate! Give it some thought!!!!
Private Residence · More Info

Comments (6)

• bestassit
    8 years ago
    I agree
  • kkundrick
    8 years ago
    Really??? It's the architects responsibility to go back and document paint colors for all their projects, you have got to be kidding.
  • mmfsmith
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Kkundrick, I'm not suggesting the Architect researches the paint colours on ALL his/her projects, only the projects he/she puts up on Houzz. Photographs are of no benefit if we don't have the information re paint colour and materials used! Are these photos posted to help Houzz users or for the Architect to boast! Just saying.....
  • kkundrick
    8 years ago

mmfsmith, sorry, I respectfully do not agree. What your suggesting is not realistic. The same argument could be be made with the all furnishings in the photo. In most cases, the architect will not know the detail info for 'soft scape' items (furniture /light fixture / plumbing fixtures /knick knacks), unless the client contracted the arch firm to participate in those decisions. Photos posted from the architect highlights their cabilities on creating spaces, flow, scale, proportions, 'hardscape' designs, architectural features, etc...not interior paint color. One suggestion is to visit a paint store and ask them to color match directly from your electronic device or printed photo of the bedroom. A good paint store should be able to get an exact match. Good luck.

• PRO
    Pearce Scott Architects
    8 years ago

We apologize for the delay in responses. We have currently brought on board a staff member to help us manage our online presence. In regards to the interiors for this home, the design was done by J Banks Design Group on Hilton Head Island. Please contact them directly for colors, fabrics and furniture selections.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.