tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 3rd - Win a Mini Moderns kettle!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

It's likely that one of the first things you do when you get up in the morning is stick the kettle on, and now that it's cold outside, you'll be wanting a hot drink to accompany you throughout the day! That's why on the 3rd day of our Advent Calendar, we're giving away a beautiful enamel kettle in mustard by Mini Moderns.

All you need to do to enter, is vote and comment for your favourite winter beverage! This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms of conditions here.

Tea
Coffee
Mulled Wine
Hot Chocolate
Hot Toddy
Other - tell us

Comments (311)

• Bethany Muller
    8 years ago

Tea - doesn't matter the season!

• Gay Evans
    8 years ago

Tea - loving the colour of this kettle - changed to orange and yellow last year so would be perfect :)

• susanbythesea
    8 years ago

Coffee !! ... ooh the sound of the coffee grinder whirring away and the smell of a great brew...heaven

• sandfly71
    8 years ago

Tea- always several varieties- but all would taste great with this fab yellow kettle on standby!

• PRO
    HAPPYNEST
    8 years ago

I love tea in the morning, in the afternoon, after dinner... In the morning it's a hot ginger variety, in the afternoon I grate a little chocolate into it, and at night I mix anese with mint to help go to sleep! :-)

• silyab53
    8 years ago

I do love tea, but lately, as I'm poorly and my taste buds are all over the place, I've desperately craved hot chocolate - Charbonell et Walker, of course!

• sarkie
    8 years ago

Mulled Cider is what I'd rather have than Mulled Wine, as there seems to be a tipping point with Wine where you can't have more, that doesn't happen with Cider thus making it easier to deal with the family!

• jeanettefileccia
    8 years ago

freshly brewed steaming hot coffee just the drink to start my day

• evsss
    8 years ago

GLÖGG!

• Alex Fronce
    8 years ago
    A nice cup of coffee, made with just grounded coffee beans...nothing else bits the smell of fresh ground coffee
  • kerryowang
    8 years ago

Hot drinks, roaring fire...I would drink any of them, but haven't had a hot toddy for years....now I want one! The kettle would be a perfect match in my new kitchen, I love it!

• Lynsey Buchanan
    8 years ago

I reach for the kettle as soon as I wake up and make a cup of tea to start my day.

• Simone
    8 years ago

Home made masala chai. Beautiful, spicy and aromatic.

• eiche
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Cute kettle! You've got my tastebuds and Houzz-buds going!

Those MiniModern mugs would be perfect for my cuppa.
    And that enamelware pan could heat the milk for a hot hot chocolatey chocolate.
    Mmmmm

• shilpis
    8 years ago

tea

• sah66
    8 years ago

It has to be mulled wine, no? Tea or hot chocolate at other times of year but in the lead up to Christmas a glass of mulled wine is definitely my favourite.

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago

Got to be mulled wine. Or mulled cider, a recent discovery which I'm rather delighted by. Mulled apple juice went down very well with the kids, and me. I don't really mind, as long as it's mulled, apparently!

• Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

Mulled wine, tea can be tedious.

• L W
    8 years ago

Definitely tea throughout the day, but hot chocolate (with cream and marshmallows, for a treat) in the evening.

• PRO
    Jigsaw Interior Architecture
    8 years ago

Maybe a gingerbread latte with a mince pie on the side?

• joabbiss
    8 years ago

Hot Ribena

• abigailbusy
    8 years ago
    It's got to be lemon water. I love the stuff, the first thing that passes my lips in the morning full of citrusy goodness and to make it more festive I love adding a pinch of nutmeg.
  • Yasmin Gaber
    8 years ago

I love tea all year round, no other drink is as satisfying

• PRO
    Katy Galbraith, Mosaic Artist
    8 years ago

FAB kettle! tea first thing in the morning, tea in the afternoon and evening

• sugarfreebabe
    8 years ago

Nothing like mulled wine evokes the winter feeling!

• Melissa McCafferty
    8 years ago

My favourite winter beverage comes to a tie...mulled wine or hot chocolate

• unamatrix0
    8 years ago

When my son ( now 37 ) was a toddler we would go out to the shops so wrapped up you could only see our noses sticking out of a plethora of scarves and pull on hats ( maybe two ) with stiff arms from the padded coats and big, fat, furry mittens. Particularly if it snowed, we would come home and maybe take one scarf off, I would arrange to make the house very warm and we would go out and shovel and sweep the snow off the path. True to say there was only one or two years with enough snow to be shoveled or swept but memories are very specific are they not ?
    Once we had sorted the snow by throwing it onto the little patch of front garden either side of the path, we ran in as by now were were hot and cold all at the same time. I would whip his gear off and then mine, I would ensure he was was mentally prepared by screaming that we were " having hot chocolate and McVities Digestive biscuits ! " He would join in until the chocolate was made and properly cooled so we could drink it immediately, his much cooler than mine of course and we would walk, carefully as he was carrrying the McVities Digestives, into the living room, put the choclate and McVities on the coffee table. Once ensconced thus, I would turn the tele on and Luke would watch a Norman Wisdom film ( I have no reason as to why he liked these - he just did ) and cuddle up together on the sofa in front of the fire together. Every time I drink hot chocolate I am cuddling on the sofa with my little boy all cosy and warm with him laughing his head off at the antics of the said Norman Wisdom. Has to be McVities Digies nothing else will do with hot choc.

Happy Solstice all - enjoy yourselves.

• Kate Burt
    8 years ago

Gluhwein – such a great invention, and somehow more exotic than mulled wine

• amishgeisha
    8 years ago

Constant Comment Tea!

• Sonia Goul-Wheeker
    8 years ago

Mulled wine and hot chocolate every now and then...but too much I find a bit sickly! So it's got to be good old tea, works every time!

• PRO
    Gina Soden Artist
    8 years ago

Looks like tea is winning! I love a good cuppa. That kettle is stunning :D Hope I win!

• PRO
    User
    8 years ago

Can't live without the tea but I have to admit that during a recent trip to Iceland, we took a small flask with Grand Marnier in to warm us when we were hiking across the glacier! Lovely! ;)

• Sonia Rishi
    8 years ago

Mulled wine sitting by a lovely winter fire

• andrew1961
    8 years ago

Bovril - nutritious, delicious, warming and low cal.

• Azra dedic
    8 years ago
    Hot choc it's marshmallows!
  • Charlotte
    8 years ago

Mulled apple juice for non-drinkers

• marianne_hayton
    8 years ago

Oh it has to be Brandy and coffee .

• Clio Bee
    8 years ago
    Tea all the time!
  • Sarah Williams
    8 years ago

Baileys with hot chocolate

• Gil Nathaniel
    8 years ago

Mulled wine

• ktwhitelily
    8 years ago

mulled wine as you only get it in winter

• PRO
    Simply DeClutter Professional Organiser
    8 years ago

gorgeous kettle

• Zoe
    8 years ago

Gotta be mulled wine. Such a warming drink

• Alex Evans
    8 years ago
    So many presents to wrap, coffee is the only way forward this close to Christmas!
  • Vicky Jarvis
    8 years ago
    Nothing like a hot cup of chocolate it feels decadent and naughty, bliss
  • arzuince
    8 years ago
    Tea! But no longer normal black tea, it has to be decaf, I am sadly no longer tolerant of caffeine.
  • Micheala Yelland
    8 years ago

eggnog

• paddyart
    8 years ago

Ginger Latte

• Kel
    8 years ago
    Creamy, hot chocolate!
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.